Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use www.thiscounts.ca unsupervised. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parent or guardian's permission before you send any personal information to us, or anyone else, over the internet. We encourage all parents to get involved with their child's online usage and be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
WHAT INFORMATION TO WE COLLECT?
- We collect information from you when you register on www.thiscounts.ca, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in any of www.thiscounts.ca's site features.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You are, however, able to visit our site anonymously.
- We may also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill your gift purchase. The information we collect is not used for marketing purposes.
- When you create an account with us, you will provide information that could be personally identifiable information, such as your username, password and e-mail address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on www.thiscounts.ca and providing your personal information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about sales, promotions, and services only in accordance with your contact preferences. Regardless of your contact preferences, we reserve the right to contact you when we believe it's necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
- Generally, www.thiscounts.ca automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us continuously analyze and improve our product offers and services.
- In conjunction with your www.thiscounts.ca account, we also display your profile on the site. Your profile displays your name and other content you contribute to the site, such as items you 'like' on the site. All content submitted by you to www.thiscounts.ca may be retained by us indefinitely, even after you terminate your www.thiscounts.ca account. We may continue to disclose such content to third parties in a manner that does not reveal personal identifiable information.
- Like nearly all websites, we use 'cookies' to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our site. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone for any purpose - period.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
This Counts Canada may use the information gathered from you when you register, purchase, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or browse/surf the site in the following ways:
- To personalize and better your site experience allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings which you are most interested in.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- Addressing network integrity and security issues
- Investigating, preventing, or tracking action regarding illegal activities, violations of our terms or acceptable use policies.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails regarding service updates, offers, and promotions. You are free to opt-out/unsubscribe at anytime.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is kept behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome any comments, questions, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining privacy and security issues to email@example.com
ONLINE POLICY ONLY